Monday, December 24, 2012

Where did that come from??

We went to training today, we did a few escapes and some transports. We tried the bark and hold but again, my dog would not bark.

We worked on a few other things that I can't even give you a specific name for and he was totally on. He out-ed every time I asked. EVERY time! I never had to correct him or anything.

We then had Ryan hide in a blind across the field. Sepp knew he was there, but we were going to send him to the normal blind we "play" with. Of course, trying to convince him to go to the blind in front of us was a task because Sepp is like "The dude is back there!" I had to walk with him, but he did go around the blind and from there I sent him across the field, to which Ryan responded by hitting the stick on the blind.

As I'm running after Seppel Ryan gives him the sleeve. He was barking!!!!!

We did it a second time and this time I heard him barking. Straight up, barking!!!!!!!! Then when I came up to him and got the leash, he was barking!

We ended on that note. I was SO happy he was finally barking. I guess it's true, I'm the problem :p

Today was a GREAT day at training. I'm so proud of how far we've come and where we are going. I am also really glad that I found a place to train and found such awesome trainers to work with.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! That's wonderful news and it's great that Seppel decided it was time to bark. What a good boy! Give him a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete