Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Year, New Goals?

Well, a whole year has gone by and then some. It's now 2013 and I thought I would share some of our goals. I don't really believe in resolutions because I believe they are easily broken. I would rather set some goals and hope we can accomplish - or at least begin working on them.

Let's start with registry goals. I have yet to register Sepp with any organizations. I want to register him with UKC's limited privilege program and also the ADBA's limited privilege program. I think I printed out a form for AKC but I haven't even done AKC events with Seth so I don't see a need at this point.

For Seppel I want to continue working on Schutzhund, but I also want to try UKC Rally-O with him. This year I really want to get serious in our obedience and get him working and focusing better under pressure/distractions. I would also love to try our hand at weight pull through ADBA. The biggest goal is still for him to get his 'B' this summer.

For Seth I want to continue onto URO2... and hopefully get a leg or two on the title. This means off-leash work. At home he's great because I have food, but in the ring he's not as enthusiastic and is overly intent on seeing the judge which means disaster for me :p

I want to try to walk the dogs more often. It's something I slack on because they don't get a good workout doing it - but I think it's good for the mind to get out now and then, and it's good for me! I need to get video but Sepp needs to get out on walks more too because he's always over-thinking everything and his tail isn't tucked, but it's down. It's not that I think he doesn't enjoy walks, but I do think they stress him out because we're walking in new environments and there's so much to focus and watch and see. When we actually work and do some obedience on a walk he is happy to work and happy to get food, but just walking he concentrates too much. I always feel like when we come home he's relieved to be home. It makes sense when you consider he didn't go a lot of places in his old home, but I want him to gain confidence when we are out and about.

 I may add to this list, but this is kind of our list of goals for this year :)







No comments:

Post a Comment